I talked about IF: Table a little last week and July's table was this past Friday night. The questions that were presented to us were great, as always! And as always the answers led to deep conversations about things entirely different.
One of the ladies brought two incredible pasta dishes and I served bread with dipping sauce, salad and an avocado mixture. For dessert I made some brownies. I take that back, not some brownies but amazing brownies. And they are pretty darn healthy to top that. And when I say made, I threw in an egg, water and some oil. The mixture was already made for me by Pamela's Chocolate Brownie mix. You can find it in the 'healthy' section at Kroger :)
With the brownies I served Coconut Chai Lemonade. This I did make from scratch - the recipe came from Honestly Yum and it was delicious :) (They have beautiful images of the entire process)
- 1 oz lemon juice (I used fresh)
- 4 oz water
- lemon wheel and freshly grated cinnamon for garnish
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2/3 cup agave syrup - this is what I changed. It was 2 cups sugar and I decreased it to 1 cup which equals 2/3 cup agave syrup. It tasted great to me in sweetness but you may like it sweeter
- 8 chai tea bags
- Add coconut milk and sugar to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine.
- Once the syrup starts to steam, add the chai tea bags and stir.
- Let steep for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat and remove the tea bags. Let cool.
- Add the lemon juice, coconut chai syrup, and water to a shaker filled with cracked ice.
- Shake briefly to combine (3 seconds).
- Empty the entire contents of the shaker into a lowball glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and top with freshly grated cinnamon.